Opening

On each side of the river stood the tree of life. . . . And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. (Rev 22:2)

email statement

On June 26, 2015 a team of missionaries from Elevate Church in Monroe Michigan will travel to Choluteca, Honduras to work with the Grand Commission Church to build a home and share the Gospel. The team will be working in the Brias del Rio area serving and being served while on mission. The team will share our experiences and how God is changing our lives on this blog.

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Good Morning

We arrived yesterday after two flights, and a 4 hour bus trip. It was incredible! The mountainous scenery is breathtaking. The culture of love exudes from thier smiling faces. Not one time have I felt unsafe or not at ease. Even if the bus ride was a bit exciting! :-) God clearly has his hand and grace over us. 
We came pulling into the mission house with about ten minutes of daylight left. I'm anxious to explore this property and to see the new additions to the orphanage. 

This morning I was awaken by two talking gecko lizards and the most beautiful sunrise. It's warm already, but there is a sense of excitement and anticipation in the air that makes it seem as if anything is possible. Then I'm reminded of one of my favorite versus when I get in a funk and feel the spirit of defeat, Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". And again I'm humbled at how God works in and on my mind. I'm here to serve him, but I'm clearly aware that God is the one that is serving me. 

I am blessed, I am strong only because of my faith...as everything of this world tells me that I am not capible of the kind of life I desire to live by serving the Lord. But it is because of his GRACE, LOVE, and ULTIMATE forgiveness that even I can serve in HIS name... 

Thank you Lord for the heart that you gave me. I pray that today you protect our crew, bless our crew and provide your heavenly wisdom to embark on the many tasks we will complete this week! AMEN...


PS: As I went to publish this, it didn't go through. I went upstairs to get a picture of the property and started conversation with my fellow team members. Through sharing and talking God spoke to our hearts, mine most definitely. 

THANK YOU GOD FOR OUR ABILITY TO USE Our hands and feet in your name! 

No comments:

Post a Comment