Opening

On each side of the river stood the tree of life. . . . And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. (Rev 22:2)

email statement

On June 26, 2015 a team of missionaries from Elevate Church in Monroe Michigan will travel to Choluteca, Honduras to work with the Grand Commission Church to build a home and share the Gospel. The team will be working in the Brias del Rio area serving and being served while on mission. The team will share our experiences and how God is changing our lives on this blog.

Monday, June 29, 2015

Day 2

Day 2~ After morning orientation, we viewed the property. We were able to see many updates from the years previous that we were here. Checked up on the trees that were planted, learned about how and where the bricks from the onsite brick "factory" are made and used. Each building on the property is made out of the bricks that are made onsite. Our villa for instance used 25,000 bricks, It's amazing!!! The coffee roaster was not roasting any beans this AM, but it still smelled amazing and as we learned about the process and the love and care that goes into the product, it certainly gave new appreciation for my morning brew at home. 

We then went over to the orphanages, there we met the children that we had learned about during orientation. We stayed and played games and tried to bless them the best and only way we could. We brought a few new card games, small toys, played jax, showed them our pictures, phones and taught them cart wheels and laughed...let's be honest, in reality they were really the ones blessing us. 

My heart was so moved and touched by their stories. My heart was again moved in a way that only God could. I'm more aware of previous struggles upon my heart, and in one second it all seemingly disappears. Have I ever known loss truly? Yes, just in a much different way. Have I ever been faced with rejection? No, I have been steered to Christ by Christ and he is the one who has spared me. Their smiling faces looking to interact and receive love is a true testimony to their hearts. Their hearts are not bitter and worn down. They are loved and in love with God, the comfort and the blessings This church and compound provide for the families that rely on it is miraculous. Again I am humbled by my expectations and I am encouraged to know in many ways that my belief of love and how it is shown in Christ's name heals completely. 
✌️💗🌻 Serena 

No comments:

Post a Comment