Opening

On each side of the river stood the tree of life. . . . And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. (Rev 22:2)

email statement

On June 26, 2015 a team of missionaries from Elevate Church in Monroe Michigan will travel to Choluteca, Honduras to work with the Grand Commission Church to build a home and share the Gospel. The team will be working in the Brias del Rio area serving and being served while on mission. The team will share our experiences and how God is changing our lives on this blog.

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Day 1

It is the end of the first day, and I cannot thank God enough for giving me all that I have. Hearing the orphans stories and putting them to their faces was amazing. It was a feeling I won't forget. It reminds me that every frustration or hurt I have ever been through is nothing compared to what these kids have gone through and most of them aren't even 10 yet. 
I remember why I had the drive to come back after my experience last year. I fell in love all over again. With the people, the scenery, everything. I almost feel like I never even left. Everything is pure happiness here and I adore it. God is so good. 
Being able to have both my parents here is awesome. I love being able to look at my mom and see her soak it all in. 
After reading a prayer partner letter this morning I'm taking her advice and soaking everything in. Looking at the people and remembering their smiles, or staring at how beautiful the mountains are.
I am forever grateful for the opportunity to come here because it truly has changed my life and I am so thankful for the people who have made this a reality for me. 
Thank you all again ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment