Opening

On each side of the river stood the tree of life. . . . And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. (Rev 22:2)

email statement

On June 26, 2015 a team of missionaries from Elevate Church in Monroe Michigan will travel to Choluteca, Honduras to work with the Grand Commission Church to build a home and share the Gospel. The team will be working in the Brias del Rio area serving and being served while on mission. The team will share our experiences and how God is changing our lives on this blog.

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Being home

Things that made me happy when I was in Honduras:
-The people, all of them. Everyone is so nice, kind, and anxious to serve you.
-The kids. Although the language barrier sometimes is frustrating because you cannot talk to them, you can see God in them. In their eyes, smile, all of it. 
-The church. Nothing was better to me then walking into the cement soccer field/basketball/volleyball court. Kids running everywhere and people talking. It's amazing.
-Spreading Gods love. Knowing that the team was being the hands and feet of Jesus Christ was incredible. 
-I know I mentioned this, but I really adore the kids. 

Sitting at home reflecting on the trip I became frustrated. I was angry I wasn't still there, that I was sitting here when people I met could be in need. I wonder about Wendy and Orlene and how the new house is. How Katherine and Oscar are. Did they eat today? Is Oscar still sick? I hope Katherine went back to school. 
I then realize that I shouldn't be frustrated. What I should do is spread His word and love from home. 

I want to thank everyone again for making this a reality for me. If you donated or even just supported me along this trip you made it possible for me to spread Gods love and word. Thank you all so much.

Megan 

No comments:

Post a Comment