Opening

On each side of the river stood the tree of life. . . . And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. (Rev 22:2)

email statement

On June 26, 2015 a team of missionaries from Elevate Church in Monroe Michigan will travel to Choluteca, Honduras to work with the Grand Commission Church to build a home and share the Gospel. The team will be working in the Brias del Rio area serving and being served while on mission. The team will share our experiences and how God is changing our lives on this blog.

Monday, April 20, 2015

The Return of Antonio Banderas and Company

A Last year was my first ever mission trip.  10 days can be both a long time and a very short time.  We worked very hard and at the end of each day it seemed like a long time.  The bed, a shower and clean sheets were our best friends.  However, that last day, a very somber day at times, made the whole mission feel very short.  I felt called to go back to Honduras before we ever even left eyesight of the mission hours. 

A year, however, is a very long time. Many things can happen, and you never know what God has in store for you. So, I was hesitant to say (for sure) that I was going back until just a couple months ago. Elevate also does missions to Moldova, and I have always felt an underlying pull for me to go there, but it has always fallen upon a very inopportune time for me for work. An  unfortunate impossibility to take time off. 

While it may seem like an impossibility for me, I know that with God all things are possible. "

"Jesus looked at them intently and said, 'Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible.' (‭Matthew‬ ‭19‬:‭26‬ NLT)"

And so my great internal debate is whether I am limiting God by going to Honduras instead of Moldova.  In my heart, I believe the answer lies in last year's mission. There were so many God moments and even some spectacular moments that I am only left to conclude that I was supposed to be there and am again this year. (Elevatehonduras2014.blogspot.com)

This year, going to Honduras is, in part, a feeling of a new calling and, also in part, a leftover feeling of unfinished work from last year's mission trip.  Within this internal debate, I think of Philippians 1:6:

"And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns." (‭Philippians‬ ‭1‬:‭6‬ NLT)

So with unfinished work in mind, I am going back to Honduras, and I have faith that God will be with us.  Some of the same characters will be on the mission trip  again this year such as our fearless leaders, the Huie's and even Tony, Mr Personality.  I still think some of them believe his last name is "Bandaras" because he would yell out to the kids each day "Antonio Bandaras" when leaving and arriving at the mission house. 

God Bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment